Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fake It....Don't Bake It!

I have been using tanning beds since I was in high school.  I would tan for school dances, vacations and of course during the summer…so pretty much all year around!  A couple years ago, I noticed that I started getting these horrible wrinkles in my forehead and under my eyes.  I was only 29 but I was looking like I was 39!  My skin was starting to really dry out and was losing its softness.
I hated it…so I stopped tanning all together…but then, I was not happy how pale my skin was and I felt like I looked sick all the time.  I couldn’t win!  I always knew about spray tans but I hated the smell and everyone who did spray tan looked orange to me. 
In January, I went down to LA to take a makeup airbrush class and was not aware that they were also going to be teaching spray tanning.   I immediately fell in love and was so impressed with the product too…it was odorless and gives a golden brown glow…NOT ORANGE!  Of course I bought the product and the machine and it has been taking off like crazy…now not only do I look tan AND healthy all year around, so do my clients! 
We know too much now about the dangers of the sun and the tanning beds. Quit frying your skin. You might look great now, but in 10 to 20 years, you’re going to match your favorite brown leather handbag. We all want to be tan, for different reasons. Either way, if we’re all after a tan, we should all be lining up for that spray. When you think about it, it’s really the only option for tanning these days.

A spray tan is the only dependable way to get a tan that is safe and healthy. You are not endangering yourself with skin cancer, and yet you still look utterly glowing and sun kissed. Do not be afraid of the orange tan. For the most part, this is a thing of the past. Spray tans last 5 to 10 days, which is pretty good considering it will be even, bronzed, and cancer-free.

I really stress to everyone how important it is to take care of your skin.  And how bad tanning beds are for you and the long term damage it does.  I was always one of those girls that would say “that will never happen to me” but now it has and now I have a lot of damage control to do.  I will probably never get back the softness but I can try to stop the wrinkles from getting worse.

If you live in the Seattle area and want a spray tan call me!  I love spray tanning and it is a great way to brighten your day and make yourself feel better…especially with the weather we have here!
Hope you all have a great day!
Hugs…
Annastina

No comments: