Thursday, March 3, 2011

These are a few of my FAVORITE things…IN MY KIT!!!

I have been working on building my kit and testing out different makeup for over a year now.  I have collected some great mascaras, blushes, lipsticks and eye shadows, BUT there are few that are my absolute favorites!!!  Ones that even I, myself cannot live without on a daily basis.  Come along to see what is inside my kit…

My mascaras…I had a friend recently (thank you Rebecca) turn me on to Bad gal Lash by Benefit and I love it.  It is gorgeous, rich, and thick with no clumping or flaking.  Also very easy to take off at night!  Another favorite is DiorShow, if you are willing to spend a little and want an awesome mascara, this is the one to get.  Everyone I know is in love! I love the length of the brush and the narrow tip allows you to go in and touch up those smaller lashes that get left behind.  My last mascara that I really like is L'Oréal Voluminous Mascara.  For a drugstore mascara it is amazing!  It has a very rich color and thickens and lengths your lashes!  The only con for this product is that I have a hard time removing it, but that will not stop me from wearing it!
My Zuca bag…where do I start!?!?!  Before this, I was using one of my suitcases.  When I received this bag, I was able to organize like crazy!  It comes with utility pouches that are fully-lined with durable, easy to clean clear vinyl and a clear top so you can see what is inside without having to open it.  Each one of my pouches has a purpose, one is for eyes, another for lips, and another for blushes/highlighters…you get the picture!  I cannot imagine my life without it...a Makeup Artist must have!
The ever so popular Z Palette…I now have 4 large palettes in my kit and 2 small ones that I use for my everyday makeup.  I love these…they save time and confusion with the clear lid!  They come in different styles, zebra, leopard, black and pink…and I have them all!
I have all different kinds of foundations in my kit.  Makeup Forever, RCMA, L'Oréal…and they are all great but right now I am obsessed with my Dinair Airbrush makeup!  It is water based so it will not clog pores or irritate your skin.  You look FLAWLESS and it is a must for any bride. I use it on myself daily and my skin look tighter and healthier.  I’m in LOVE!!!
I have SO many eye shadows…so to pick my favorites was tough!  Again I have tons of different brands…Mac, NARS, Stila, and Urban Decay…blah blah blah.  So which ones are my favorites?  At first, I will be honest, the Naked Palette from Urban Decay was not my favorite.  I know, I might get some dirty looks for saying that.  Maybe I was just having a bad couple months because recently I pulled it out again and it was like the sky opened up and shined down on me!  I love it now and cannot stop creating different looks!  So much fun!  Another purchase that I am very happy about are the new Peacocky shadows from Mac.  I have not had a lot of time to play with them but I look forward to all the bright fun looks that I can create!  You know me, I love me some peacock colors!!!
Eyeliners are tough to talk about…there are so many!  Some of my favorites are Mac’s black Smolder pencil, of course!  I also love Mac’s Fluidline, which is very smooth and silky.  I love doing a cat-eye with the Fluidline.  I personally use Mac’s Penultimate on an everyday basis…the pen-style liner is easy and fast to apply.  For me there was a learning curve though, it took me sometime to figure out how to hold it so I got a precise line.  But once I figured it out, it was super easy!
I love Mac’s Shell Crème Colour Base!!!  It gives you that awesome dewy look that everyone wants, especially brides.  It is creamy and goes on so smoothly.  I use this product all the time and I have tried similar products but none have come close!
I can go on forever about other products in my kit and I feel like I am neglecting some by not mentioning them.  Maybe in a couple months I will do another blog on other products in my kit…like a “to be continued” if that is something you are interested in. 
Hope you all are having a fabulous week!!!
Hugs…
Annastina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooOOoo...I have a major thing for *Favorites* posts!! (I was actually just writing down a list of my own current obsessions literally not even a *full*-moment ago (not even kidding!) for one of my next blog posts!) I'm happy to have stumbled upon yours....:)

Ok, so first! I must say that I share your sentiments a la' Loreal's Voluminous Mascara. Great drugstore choice! Have you tried it in Carbon Black?! I don't know why but, for me, the "carbon black" in the title makes all the difference!!! You should give it a whirl if you haven't tried it already...:)

And thank you so much for the Zuca bag recommendation! I have been searching desperately for a solution to my "organizational dilemma" and so far my efforts have been rather fruitless...I appreciate the info! I am definitely going to look into it!! :)

Ok, so back to reading the rest of your post I go! I just felt the need to share my thoughts before they escaped my short-term memory ridden lil' mind. ;-p