Friday, March 18, 2011

My Skin Care Routine!!!

I love my skin care routine…as much as I love putting my makeup on, I love cleansing my face!  So I decided I am going to do product reviews on all my skin care secrets!

Since I have been getting older, I have been obsessed with what I put on my skin and I am always on the lookout for great natural skin care.  I wish when I was in my 20’s, I listened to my mom (yes mom, I am admitting you were right) about how important skin care is.  Now that I am in my 30’s, I am doing everything possible to fix and stop the damage I have done.  Years ago, I used to tan a couple times a week in those high intensity tanning beds and did not use skin protection.  During the summer, I would never use SPF because I never thought I needed it.  Now, even though I am in my early 30’s, I can already see the damage and I am freaking out!

Below are all the skin care products I use right now and I love them!  Some are more on the expensive side but to me, they are worth it and work wonders.  My skin hasn’t looked this great in years.  NOTE…some of the descriptions are from the products websites.

Clarisonic Plus
I use this in this shower with my Skin Authority Daily Cleaner and the Clarisonic Refining Skin Polish.  www.clarisonic.com.  It softens, smoothes and exfoliates my skin…I love the feel after I am done using it.  It is a must have and worth EVERY penny!

Sonic Skin Cleansing improves skin tone, reduces the appearance of pore size and helps skin care products work their best.  The Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System uses a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to clean, soften and smooth skin. In just 60 seconds, the micro-massage action removes 6X more makeup and 2X more dirt and oil than cleansing with your hands alone. Removing more dirt and oil from your pores also helps products work more effectively. 

Skin Authority Resurfacing Accelerator
I love this product!  It is like having a little daily glycolic peel.  I use it at night before I put on my night crème.  I used to use in morning and night but I realized that I was getting too much glycolic acid so now I just use it in the evening.

This powerful, exfoliating gel derived from sugar cane accelerates the body’s natural cellular turnover cycle to improve rough, scarred, dry or dull skin caused by aging, acne, or sun damage. Regular use helps smooth rough texture and brightens treated areas. Glycolic Acid 15%, pH 3.69.


Skin Authority Daily Cleanser
This is a great daily cleanser.  This lightweight, fragrance free wash gently removes dirt and oil from the face and body, and loosens dead skin cells, leaving the skin refreshed, soft, and primed for daily regimen. Glycolic Acid 3%, pH 4.0.
I use this in the morning with my Clarisonic Plus.  To see all Skin Authority products and where they are sold, check out www.skinauthority.com.

Skin Authority Dramatic Eye Lift with SGF-4 Technology™
This is an eye-lift in a bottle and it works!!!  It really really works!  Like I mentioned earlier, I used to be addicted to tanning beds and as a result I got major wrinkles around my eyes.  I feel like it made me look 10 years older.  Then I found this product and it has softened my wrinkles.

Protein-rich formula infused with essential fatty acids and anti-inflammatory agents tighten sagging skin and soften fine lines or crow’s feet for a refreshed, younger, and lifted look. This formula harnesses the power of four natural skin nourishing proteins called Skin Growth Factors fortified with complex peptide chains to immediately transform depleted, damaged cells to a restored, vibrantly youthful state.  The skin growth factors used in this formula are completely natural and derived from human skin tissue.

This product has no mineral oil in its composition which makes this Arbonne recover night cream truly hypo allergic. This Arbonne anti-aging skin care rapidly increases skin recovery while you sleep. The Vitamin C produces collagen in the facial cells thus, strengthening the elasticity of your skin.

This is a great night crème!  Arbonne has some amazing skin care and if you are interested in more of their products you can contact my friend, Kathryn Schmidt at http://kathrynschmidt.myarbonne.com/.   She is very knowledgable with all their products and can recommend the right products for your skin care needs.

J.A.S.O.N.’s Revitalizing Moisturizing Crème
5,000 I.U. Vitamin E
My mom discovered this product and since then I have also seen it promoted on the Ellen DeGeneres Show.  This is very affordable and the only place I have found it is in my local grocery store in the organic section.  I use it at night before I go to bed and it does an awesome job at moisturizing my skin and softening my wrinkles.

JASON has developed this 70% Certified Organic Vitamin E Crème (5,000 I.U.) as an antioxidant moisturizer perfect for your face and body. Made with Wheat Germ, Avocado and Almond Oils, as well as Aloe Vera Gel, this all-over moisturizer protects skin and helps prevent premature signs of aging.

Arcona Raspberry Acne Cleanser
I use this cleanser bar at night before bed.  As an adult I still get some acne.  This face wash really cleanses my skin and gently calms and clears my acne with no scarring.  www.arcona.com

Antibacterial cleansing bar clears congested skin and alleviates stubborn breakouts. Reduce inflammation and calm irritated skin with antibacterial raspberry extracts. Clear acne and prevent new ones with salicylic acid. Dissolve skin impurities, gently exfoliate and smooth acne scarring with fruit enzymes.

And of course, one of the best natural ingredients for your skin is WATER!  Every time I stick to my daily water intake my skin starts to glow!  It makes a huge difference and I feel so much better!

I know I use A LOT of different skin care regiments and I do not think everyone has to use as many as I do.  But all these together have really changed my life.  You can use just one of these and it would work wonders. 

I am still on the hunt for a great daily moisturizer, right now I am using Dermalogica Oil Free Matte Block, but I am not in love with it.  I am more on the oily side and the texture feels greasy and heavy.  If you know of any good recommendations, let me know! 

Hope you all have a great weekend and see you in the next blog!

Hugs…

Annastina

No comments: